VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the need of new brakers. I was told that I need new pads and rotors . . I didn't have the $$ for all of it so I put new pads on about 2 weeks ago and going to put new rotors on soon.

The parts from the dealer are about $80 a piece plus labor. Am I better off getting some aftermarket parts and having a performance shop put them on or just going stock from the dealer.

Please send me some links if you know of some good parts.

thanks,
j-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Josh,

I ordered them from that link that you gave me. Really kick ass people to deal with . Not I have to figure out how to put them on or see about finding someone in town that won't rape me for install charge.

j-

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by racefortitles:
Josh,

I ordered them from that link that you gave me. Really kick ass people to deal with . Not I have to figure out how to put them on or see about finding someone in town that won't rape me for install charge.

j-
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to hear you got your parts ordered, I have been dealing with them for quite a while now, and they are really great. I have sent you an e-mail walking you through the procedure, let me know if I can help in any other way, and how it turns out.

Josh

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Go here, you can get 2 rotors, and two sets of pads for about $130. If you are at all mechanically inclined, and have access to a few hand tools, they can be installed by you for nothing. Brakes and pads, with labor aren't cheap, this will cut a large amount out of the cost. If your not 100% sure about your mechanical skills, I can try to scan in, or copy the digrams/steps from my bentley manual.

[ October 31, 2003: Message edited by: Josh Fryauff ]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 5 of 5 Posts