VW Forum banner

181 - 200 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
Was able to air out. However car still shook on left turns especially at higher speeds and I got sick of it. Picked up a set of Audi tt control arms and spindles. Luckily mine came with nubs on the control arms that just need to be tapped in order for me to run the sway bar. However I dont think it's necessary, the car handle so well with the new set up. What a difference suspension geometry makes.
Plus I'm lower now.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/e17b3b01a165cfedcbfa0d3aba9eb72f.jpg[/IMG

Pressed in new bearings with the harbor freight tool, worked great. New ABS sensors in as well. Car is aligned and functioning as it should. In other news, my reiger rear window spoiler flew off somewhere. I realized after the fact so no idea where it could be.

Will start removing tints next as they're all peeling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #183 (Edited)
It's been hard finding motivation to do anything to this car.

Freshly painted bmp bumper is on, going to put the old one back on when it snows.

One of the headlights stopped working also. These have been a nightmare since day one. TRS Has been great about everything, but the amount of issues caused by these morimoto parts between my headlights and my friends are just crazy (both built at the same time). Found corrosion in one of the harnesses. Cleaned, reassembled. Now the headlight turns on when I put on the highbeam, it just doesn't make sense.

Also, out a friend's car back to stock. These cars are getting old.

·
4,054 Posts
I have a feeling it won't be long till your car is up for sale too. First Matt, then Nolan, you're next.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I have a feeling it won't be long till your car is up for sale too. First Matt, then Nolan, you're next.
I've been looking for a 3.0t s4/s5. Alphards should be selling this weekend also. Just trying to get my finances in order first.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Snows went on yesterday. Still need to add some airline antifreeze, fix the air leaks, put on the old bumper then it should be set for winter. I think I want to replace the e brake cables as well. Also got some engine oil dye in the mail so I can chase down the oil leaks.
I'm gunna miss these alphards and my sweet figment.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Alphards sold :/ did an oil change and prepped the air system for winter with airline antifreeze.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Alphards not sold. The buyer and I found that 3/4 wheels were cracked, 8 cracks total. At this point in thinking of turning them into tables.

·
4,054 Posts
Alphards not sold. The buyer and I found that 3/4 wheels were cracked, 8 cracks total. At this point in thinking of turning them into tables.

Damn! Glad they didn't fall apart on you while driving.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Picked this up yesterday.

2013 Audi S5 3.0T

·
4,054 Posts
I still have it. Will probably start putting back to stock when the weather gets a bit nicer. Do you want the bag set up? Lol

Thanks, but no thanks.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
S5....shwing!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I'm loving this thing. What a difference awd and a sports differential makes. Newer cars are just so nice too interior/exterior wise.

In others news, the jetta sat for a month. Brand new battery was completely uncharged. I tried moving it and made the mistake of driving it on the grass and it is now stuck in the mud. Going to wait for the ground to firm up before I try pulling it out.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Pulled the air set up from the jetta. WRD coilovers going in. But first, I must remove the drop plates. What a bitch. I already bent/snapped 2 hex sockets trying to get them out. Time to use heat and some type of harder steel, chrome moly most likely. I will have to drill one out as the hex head snapped off inside the bolt.

Mud is from when I got stuck in my yard, the car is covered in it.

Also installed the awe track exhaust with 102mm polished tips

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Entire bag system is pulled, minus the bags and struts themselves. Been messing with the IDF drop plates for 2 days, broke 3 hex sockets. Ended up drilling everything out, now I need to clean out the threads with a tap.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Attempted to clean out threads, tap is now stuck. Going to get a matching tap and drill bit set, hopefully that clears a bit more metal to make things easier. 2 out of 8 clear.
Bags sold. Pulling the tt arms and spindles to sell to the same buyer as well. Definitely one of my favorite upgrades.

·
4,054 Posts
Boy those IDF plates sound like a pain in the ass. Don't think I've ever heard a good story about removing them.

181 - 200 of 225 Posts