VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got a CEL and the dealer said they wouldnt fix under warrenty because it was cause by outside influences. they told me that the nipples on the vacuum valve were broke. what the hell does that mean. what is the vacuum valve? could this cause a CEL? any other help anyone could give me? i just want to get this fixed. i feel like that CEL is gonna stay on forever

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Outside influnces? What vaccume nipples, theres a bunch, FPR, Intake Manifold, DV... Sounds like the are feeding you crap. Take it to another dealership and try. Depending on where the leak is, yes it could cause a CEL

[ February 19, 2004: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.... carson, i have a part number and was wondering if you could help me out.

part number: 026-906-283-H
description: valve

thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Bart, I just looked the part up in my version of ETKA...turns out this part has been used for years on VWs. But the valve that you are referring to is located underneath your intake manifold.
www.vwparts.com wants $134.28 for it...I'll see what my price is on Monday.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I am more concerned about why they won't replace it; Big Dub's ride is stock....

Although, if it was damaged in your accident you may have to talk to the insurance company again; not a fun proposition...

Hope all works out for you!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah not too mention i got a boost guage which is connected to the vacuum line so they prob think i did it somehow. but other than that the car is nice. ihave to post pics sometime

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohhh btw the price for the part sounds right... vw dealer wants about 340 total for the whole job

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
It definately can be causing it, Bart. Most of the time a vacuum leak causes a code for the MAF, due to unmetered air entering the engine.

If you are coming up next month for Spring Show and Go at E-town, I'd be more than happy to take a look at your car for you.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
bart, if you or anyone close you has access to a vag-com, I would hook it up to the vag-com, and see what the deal it. best of luck.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
It definately can be causing it, Bart. Most of the time a vacuum leak causes a code for the MAF, due to unmetered air entering the engine.

If you are coming up next month for Spring Show and Go at E-town, I'd be more than happy to take a look at your car for you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the code that comes up deals with secondary air supply or something like that

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all i remember is secondary air. but incorrect flow sounds sort of fimiliar. but then again it could just be because you said something....

the part that i have the part # for up top... can you tell me which one it is on this diagram?

thanks for the diagram raf

[ March 02, 2004: Message edited by: big dub ]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carson..... can you let me know what i should do. the light has been on for sometime now and i dont want it to mess anything else up. can you tell me how difficult the replacement is and is there another nontech name for it. i really need it fixed but dont want to get d**ked

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
big dub said:
Carson..... can you let me know what i should do. the light has been on for sometime now and i dont want it to mess anything else up. can you tell me how difficult the replacement is and is there another nontech name for it. i really need it fixed but dont want to get d**ked
Hey bart, if you need help, i can lend a helping hand.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts