VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe a fellow dubbercan help me out? recantly had my clutch done not really relavent. but today jumped in my golf to to go get my wheel from the repair shop an turned the key well the starter just clikked no turn over what so ever so the first thing I thought was a dirty connection not the case I came to realize soon after that the front motor mount tab "the short bolt" was broken completly off an had been for some time cause the cracked off piece was rubbed off what would cause this an how can I prevent it from happening to my new 140 .00$ starter

·
Registered
524 Posts
well if its the front mount, it controls the positioning of the starter... you will most likely have to replace the mount... its do-able at home if you have the time and are willing... i may be wrong about this though. but when i replaced my starter i forgot to put an engine jack underneath the car to keep the engine in place and when i went to bolt in the new starter I couldn't match up the holes because the mount fell out of alignment with the engine. good luck

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I've never heard of it breaking off but i wouldn't worry too much about it happening againas long as you change your front mount. It's not too bad to do at home. just as was said make sure you suport the engine with a jack or somthing underneath. what kind of front mount do you have. The hydro or the solid? If you have the hydro i got one that still has some life in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts