VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im putting my foot down and getting my ass in gear and finally starting to piece together my BT Setup my base for everything is going to be the Full Race Tubular manifold that requires a turbo with a T04S or T04E compressor housing so with that being said i was wondering if you guys had any input as to which turbo i should be leaning towards.. also any input as to what i need to get for supporting hardware is also appreciated

ive already sourced an aeb head and as soon as its here im placing an order for supertech valve train and then some IE 282 cams my end all goal with this car is to be a track ready car for auto crossing that can compete with just about anything but in the mean time im looking for 300 hp before i invest in rods and pistons and get an even bigger turbo when the time comes

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
If you are doing autocross or even a track, you want something that does not have lag.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Love ambitious power goals but any T4 series turbine housings are really meant for top end flow, not low down torque.

The best thing you cna do is really evaluate and set a realistic power goal. Most importantly POWER DELIVERY

1st thing you need to consider is a rod upgrade/install and block refresh. Yes you can get away with out them but having a strong foundation will not limit you down the road. ITs great you got the AEB head already, but you should focus on the BT hardware 1st. Just think what will net more gain.

Theres lots of set ups you can go with, and its your build to do as you wish, these are just my experiences ;-)

p.s. My Minty PagParts Vband kit is for sale along with my Eurodyne ECU/cable;-)

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So i sat on it a day or two and heres what ive come up with lemme know what you guys think i put alot of time into this and im pretty serious about going and doing this if theres anything that youve heard bad or good about any of the products below please let me know

Engine Mounts
HC4CYLEMKIT Clutch Kits, Flywheels, APR VW Performance & Audi Oem Parts Source FourSeasonTuning.com.

Peloquin LSD
Peloquin Limited Slip Differential, 02J

Cat 3651's
VW/Audi 1.8T 20v Camshafts - Cat Cams - 1.8t Cat Cams 3651

AEB Head

Supertech Springs retainers intake and exhaust valves
Complete Valve Train Kit for 1.8T 20V (Supertech) Single Groove, 109.119.109.120.109.087

GT3071R .83 A/R Ball bearing billet wheel
GT Ball Bearing - Garrett - Garrett GT3071R Turbocharger

Full-Race Tubular equal length T3/T4 with exhaust temp port on #1
VW 1.8T Transverse T3 ProStreet Turbo Manifold - Full-Race.com

Tail MV-R 44mm External Wastegate
TiAL Sport - MV-R

SEM Intake Mani
SEM Motorsports Transverse Intake Manifold

Bocsh 044 and surge tank
Bosch 044 Fuel Pump | eBay

044 Surge Tank
IEST-044 Clutch Kits, Flywheels, APR VW Performance & Audi Oem Parts Source FourSeasonTuning.com.

Water/Meth
water/meth Clutch Kits, Flywheels, APR VW Performance & Audi Oem Parts Source FourSeasonTuning.com.

Bosch EV14 1000cc Injectors
DeatschWerks Bosch EV14 Fuel Injectors Top Feed 1000cc Subaru Models (inc. 2002-2014 WRX / 2007-2015 STI) 17U-07-1000-4 at RallySportDirect.com

IE 9.5:1 CR 2.1L Stroker Kit
IE 06A 1.8T 20V 2.1L 2067CC Stroker Engine Kit (9.5:1 CR)

PagParts Billet bb GTX3071R
http://http://pagparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_8_27&products_id=46

ARP Hardware
IE ARP Fastener Kits For 06A/058 1.8T 20V Engines

FMIC
MK4 1.8T GTI/GLI Front-Mount Intercooler - Race | Eurojet Racing

Oil Cooler Block
MOCAL4CYLKIT Clutch Kits, Flywheels, APR VW Performance & Audi Oem Parts Source FourSeasonTuning.com.

Oil Cooler
A10A10 Clutch Kits, Flywheels, APR VW Performance & Audi Oem Parts Source FourSeasonTuning.com.

GTS(Gonzo) Tuning running E85
https://www.gonzotuning.com/tuning/volkswagen/mk4/mk4-1-8t/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts