VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright we all know the 2003 gti 1.8t does a big burn out. it leaves a 20+ ft tire marks on the floor and it does pick up the smoke in the air. Now my question was I want to do a burn out with out moving I did try my hand break but the car still moves on or if I pull the hand break sometimes it doesnt even do a burn out it just draggs the car around.
lol stupid qestion but hey is there something I need to know

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Have you ever been to 1/4 mile track and did you see them trying to do a burn out on dry pavement? Hmmmm NO!!! Keep on trying, but a quick question right back at you. Why don't you just give me the tires before you start doing burnouts on your rims?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorta off topic but hey - I'm home from college and I'm bored. I was watching "heartbreakers" this afternoon (you know, the movie with the insanely hot jennifer Love Hewitt wearing the tightest most incredible dresses) and in one scene they have this SL 500 Mercedes with all 4 tires blown out driving away with sparks coming out under the wheels. Now I'm thinking while shuddering that that must have been INSANELY expensive to replace the rims. Ouch.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just put a little fluid under the front tires to make them spin easier. water preferably!

·
Registered
180 Posts
the engines got plenty of power....I think its your traction control thats not letting you smoke them...

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Why burn out anyway, all you do is wear down your tires and clutch. And even if the surface is wet, that smoke is nothin but you burnin up your tires.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
If you have ASR, push your button on your dashboard (the ASR button), now your asr is disabled. Then burnout on a wet surface so you don't kill your tires. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts