VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys well today was my last day of high school(
) and me and friends were driving each others cars and my friend drove my car. he wasn't used to the clutch and he was riding it a bit and then he did a little burn out. ten minutes after it was parked i popped the hood and i could smell burned clutch, a lot! All the way home i smelled it.

i know the long term effects are shortened life of my clutch and tires. anything else i should be worried about?? i'm just a little paranoid considering a lot of my hard earned money went into buying this car!

thanks

[ June 19, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Well keep a close eye on it, meaning if you feel a power loss or the clutch feels like it's slipping you may be in trouble. Otherwise he mostly likely just tuff a little life of it. I can honestly say I have left some tred down before and smelled the clutch a bit. *Heck* if it goes now you have a real excuse to put in a racing clutch right?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
Well keep a close eye on it, meaning if you feel a power loss or the clutch feels like it's slipping you may be in trouble. Otherwise he mostly likely just tuff a little life of it. I can honestly say I have left some tred down before and smelled the clutch a bit. *Heck* if it goes now you have a real excuse to put in a racing clutch right?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the best way to look at car problems! I brought mine in today cause I had a high speed shimmy. I was kind of hoping for a couple bent wheels so I could get new ones, but I just needed them balanced. Oh well, maybe I'll go find some big pot holes and hit them at high speeds

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Hey, if you do that, just make sure you do it close to home unlike me when i was an hour away.

jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts