VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the winter storm this last weekend, the wipers on my wife's '95 golf III sport stopped working. In addition, the jets for the windshield fluid did not work either. When I was scraping the windshield, I notice that part of the plastic piece that covers the bottom seal of the windshied had chipped off, indicating that moisture had gotten under it. Would moisture underneath that peice have affected the wiper motors, or is it just a fuse?

Any input to this matter would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Check the fuse first. That's the first thing you do in this situtation. Second turn the wipers on without the engine. Listen to see if the wiper motor is running. If it isn't then the motor could be burnt or you could have a bad wire.

With the big storm we all just had this may be the cause. You can snag a used motor at a junkyard for around 30 bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I had my washer spayers stop working to.I am putting new nozzles on my carbon fiber hood.The washer motor also needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
To add to DB's post... and if the wiper motor is running, it could be the wiper link arm. Busted Gear at both ends of the wiper crosslink?

The good news the cross-arm is less then 10 US I think. At least that would be my cost price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts