VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, I am faced with a huge decision right now, yesterday I went and checked out a 97 M3 coupe. For what the guy wants for it and how much I can get for my car I would have enough left over to get a Dinan supercharger. In otherwords, could this be goodbye?

·
Registered
777 Posts
an SI would be a different story..... i have to say that id seriously consider it too.. an m3's a hell of a machine!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well the mid late 90's M3's are nice. I would even consider it myself.... if you do sell your bora, keep us informed on how the M3 turns out!!!
jon

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
m3's are are beautiful no matter what year u get! however, you did put a lot of hard work and money into your car. do you really want to say goodbye to the bora after all that money?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
an m3 would be pretty bad ass but i can understand the delema you are in. theres always a time to move on to a new project. glad to hear that you will be sticking euro.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I don't know, I have heard they have a lot of little nagging problems...
Seriously though, Motor trend just did a "budget sports" artcle on them, and they did have quite a few "little" recalls and repeat issues. Must just be a German car thing, huh?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I would definitely consider the M3, that sounds like a great deal as long as it doesn't; have many problems or many miles on it. GOod luck!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
GET THE M3! dont get me wrong i love your dub but come on!! i absolutely love m3s! and a sc!! dear god drooooll

·
Registered
133 Posts
I LOVE the M3s. I thought many times, if the right car comes along in the future...maybe. Then I opened the hood. Wowza. I'd say a little tight trying to get to some of the stuff if you do your own work. If you don't do your own work, get ready to pay the bill.

I would think M3 parts are a bit costly, though I haven't priced them out. But it comes down to - if you want the car, go get it. Need a change? Get the M3. You can always come back to a dub.

I'd tend to think the 'general' public (non car enthusiasts) see the M coming and think to themselves wow, nice car. See a Jetta - oh, it's a VW, no matter how nice it is.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I recently had a chance looking at my brother working on a 1998 M3 and he didn't seem to complain. Also, it isn't that hard to mod like most people think. This M3 was pure stock but I have seen some incredible BMW modded to the shizznat.

In other words if you like the M3 get it, the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that your are trading a newer car for an older one. That's about it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
you gotta love the vws. but an m3 is a phat car, and if you slap that supercharger on that. it will be insane. in my opinion, your jetta will never be as good as you can make an m3. thats in my opinion, dont flame me haha.

Zak

1 - 14 of 14 Posts