VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know a lot of people run c5s. There's a couple really clean sets around here for 250-300$
I always knew they were staggered but didn't know that they were 17"front 18" back.
Wouldn't that look wierd? This ain't a roadster. Lol.
If anybody has pics post em up. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,066 Posts
An inch difference is barely noticeable. In my defense I would want a square setup only so I could rotate my tires fully but that's just me. I'm all about getting my moneys worth out of things. Function over form.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
981 Posts
C5s are great budget wheels. I woulda kept mine if I didnt have so many other projects goin on.

17x8s all around will be the easiest and most comfortable to accomplish.

18x9.5s all around are amazing. Just a real aggressive set up if you are looking for one. I needed 36 or 37mm adapter up front to clear, and still had only a et20 (or 25 im still waking up haha)

18x9.5s all around final et20/25
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
both sets i had favorited on craigs were 8.5 and 9.5

But yeah I saw a set on an audi in my area and they were black with an off white lip and outline around the spokes. looked pretty sweet. was thinking I could get that burnt orange color to match my other stuff for the outline. I know a guy whos painting a chopper that color anyway. . .

Fubar what tires did you run? Size anyway, and what did you need for spacers. Im seriously considering saying piss on the race quad I am building and leave the motor stock, and get these wheels.:rolleyes:

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,447 Posts
215/45's up front and 235/40's in back.(I think)double staggered setup. 33mm adapters all around.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what tire size did you run roger?

ive heard of guys running a 215 all the way around...

FUBAR do you have any better pics of the rear end stretch?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man.
Fingers crossed I will have a set by the end of the weekend.
My buddy just told me he knows someone with a set including tires for 350!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well if the tires are the Oem vette ones they are worthless.
I would hope by now you'd know I'm smarter than that.... Haha

They were with stretched tires but he decided to keep em.

So looks like I'm paying out the butt for new stuff but at least I can get what I want!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So my pops is picking up the c5s for me on Saturday. In pics they looked super clean, said they had 20kmi on them.
200$

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I'll be getting the neo gens.
Might try 215s on all four.

Right now I'm trying to baffle how I will make a
8.5 not rub infront when my 7s do haha. But I guess stretch is important. Right now I have stock size tires. That and u haven't driven it since rolling the fenders.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I never had a problem with rubbing when I had 215/45 in front. I never even had to roll my fenders.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had to use spacers with 215's and even then its still pretty tight. It probably depends on your coilovers how much clearance you actually get. I was hitting on my height adjuster.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts