VW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know a lot of people run c5s. There's a couple really clean sets around here for 250-300$
I always knew they were staggered but didn't know that they were 17"front 18" back.
Wouldn't that look wierd? This ain't a roadster. Lol.
If anybody has pics post em up. Thanks for any info.

·
Super Moderator
4,073 Posts
An inch difference is barely noticeable. In my defense I would want a square setup only so I could rotate my tires fully but that's just me. I'm all about getting my moneys worth out of things. Function over form.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
981 Posts
C5s are great budget wheels. I woulda kept mine if I didnt have so many other projects goin on.

17x8s all around will be the easiest and most comfortable to accomplish.

18x9.5s all around are amazing. Just a real aggressive set up if you are looking for one. I needed 36 or 37mm adapter up front to clear, and still had only a et20 (or 25 im still waking up haha)

18x9.5s all around final et20/25
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
both sets i had favorited on craigs were 8.5 and 9.5

But yeah I saw a set on an audi in my area and they were black with an off white lip and outline around the spokes. looked pretty sweet. was thinking I could get that burnt orange color to match my other stuff for the outline. I know a guy whos painting a chopper that color anyway. . .

Fubar what tires did you run? Size anyway, and what did you need for spacers. Im seriously considering saying piss on the race quad I am building and leave the motor stock, and get these wheels.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I'll be getting the neo gens.
Might try 215s on all four.

Right now I'm trying to baffle how I will make a
8.5 not rub infront when my 7s do haha. But I guess stretch is important. Right now I have stock size tires. That and u haven't driven it since rolling the fenders.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I never had a problem with rubbing when I had 215/45 in front. I never even had to roll my fenders.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had to use spacers with 215's and even then its still pretty tight. It probably depends on your coilovers how much clearance you actually get. I was hitting on my height adjuster.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.