VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just looking into what I need to do to replace the cabin air filter on my 2012 Routan SEL. I found a video how to do it on carcarekiosk .com, and it looks like it's supposed to be behind the glove box. I went and checked behind my glove box and found something very different. I was expecting a plastic panel, behind which the filter should be. Instead I found a metal cage, that looked empty, with no way to get into it, except maybe some screws that were not able to get to easily. Is this where it is supposed to be at, or is it somewhere else on this model?

capT

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have also met with such a problem sometime before and didn't know how to solve it and during searching on the internet for the solution, I read a post on Damage Control of Orlando about the ozone generators and I understand that it's the filter which I was just searching for and I immediately went and returned the K&N filter which I had bought and replaced it with this one and I must say that it's one of the best decisions which I had to take in my life during one year I had no problems with it even if a lot of people are saying that it's hard to use the filter I can say the contrary during this year I did nothing to it. It works much better than the other kinds of filters and if you want to buy it don't hesitate and just do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have also met with such a problem sometime before and didn't know how to solve it and during searching on the internet for the solution, I read a post on Damage Control of Orlando about the ozone generators and I understand that it's the filter which I was just searching for and I immediately went and returned the K&N filter which I had bought and replaced it with this one and I must say that it's one of the best decisions which I had to take in my life during one year I had no problems with it even if a lot of people are saying that it's hard to use the filter I can say the contrary during this year I did nothing to it. It works much better than the other kinds of filters and if you want to buy it don't hesitate and just do it.
Yeah, I am also using it and it's really awesome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts