VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My wife drives a 99 vw Cabrio, and both front seats are pretty trashed, can anyone here tell me what other VW's (Golf?) and what years would have the same seats ?

Thanks,

Joe W.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
any mk3 front seat will go right in, its the rears that are different.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I just want to double check because the car is a 99 Cabrio, and I thought the mk3 was up until 1998 and mk4 was until 2005, so just to be sure that I need the mk3 and the mk4 will not fit ?

thanks again,

Joe W.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
it depends on where you live, in europe the mk3 was made until 98 but in north america it was sold until 99.5. either way a 99 cabrio even with the mk4 front fascia is still way more mk3 than mk4.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
well thats true as well, i forgot about that...but a golf and jetta seat will still bolt in. just not fold forward.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi,

So, Can someone varify the following; The Cabrio is a2 door 1999, but based on the MK3. So front seats from 1994-1999 Cabrio or GTI will fit (and work?) what about the hatchback MK3 golf, will those seats fit and fold up OK?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
ok, its really not that hard.

the cabrio 95-02 is a mk3. the front seats are the same and any seat from any other mk3 will fit. what the other person was pointing out was that only seats from another cabrio or a gti will have the handle to flip forward. the front seats from a 4 door golf or from a jetta will also bolt in but will not flip forward to allow access to the rear seats.

the 99.5-02 cabrio with the mk4 facelift is still a mk3 it just has different asthetics. the interior and motor is still the same.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Let us know how those seats bolt in. My driver's side seat bottom is cracked where I had skin on it from wearing short shorts (have a towel there now). Was wondering about getting a seat from a junked one. Getting them out of a junker could present a problem.

Ralph
The natural gardener
God's original intent

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi All,

I guess thats the next question, anyone know how to remove the seats? or point me to a link ?

Thanks again.

Joe W.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize this reply is far past when you likely replaced the seat, but there is a 10mm nut and bolt at the front center, some plastic covers at the back of the rails, then just slide the seat all the way back off the rails and disconnect the wires beneath. lots of YouTube videos on the subject.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts