VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Jetta. When I first got it I did a diagnostic and the only code that came up was a misfire for one of the spark plugs. The car stalled out on me 3 times over the last 4 months, I first attributed this to overheating/coolant system because my levels were low but I had my radiator checked and my coolant topped off, and found no problems. A few days ago, my check engine light came on and popped a code for the Camshaft position sensor. I cleared it but it came back 600 miles later.

I looked into the Camshaft position sensor and from what I've read, I think this might be the problem w my car. All three times it stalled out it started running really rough and I had to keep downshifting until it stalled. Then, the car wouldn't restart until the car had been sitting for awhile. Then it would start back up and run like there was never a problem. I believe my camshaft position sensor is in the distributor and that I'd have to replace the entire distributor. This is the first VW I've ever owned and the first time I've ever encountered this problem, I have a 4 cyl, 2.0 L engine, manual.

Any advice/suggestions you can give would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts