VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello from the new guy...ok let me get right too it. I put a new TT cam in my 90 8v jetta
and now it wont start. i replaced the timing belt at the same so i went through the fun process of alligning all the timing marks so the timing shouldnt be off, ive been starin at it scratchin my head. any help would be great.

·
Registered
526 Posts
if it not doing anything at all make sure all ur electrical work is in the right places and make sure ur grounds are clean and connected to the correct place..if the car is trying to start but not turning over then id go back in and make sure the sprocket is on right and make sure everything is to standard...cams are def not an easy thing to do because of the timing ...have fun

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I'm gonna say unles somthing is unplugged it's not timed right. Do you have a bently or other manual. And where did you line up the marks for tdc with the cam sprocket? When i did the head on my car some people told me thw wrong way to line it up(vortexers who thought they knew everything) But i then found out it was different. I still need to get a bently. But check electrics. Then redo the timing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, its cranking, it just sounds like no air is getting to the right cylinder at the right time. kinda like its off 180 degrees. i lined the camshaft mark up with the cam cover like the book said, ill just go back and do it all again...damnit. thanks for the input, ill let ya know what happens

[ August 14, 2003: Message edited by: XcoocookalX ]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i fixed it. i guess it was a weird setup somthin like old pulleys with new timing marks...somthin stupid. its runnin again though...gettin quicker by the day. thanks again for the help.

[ August 15, 2003: Message edited by: XcoocookalX ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts