VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Jetta and i was wondering if they make clear lenses for the orange circle in the headlights?? and also does anyone know a good website to find other clear lenses and the little antena... thanks

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i've been trying to find a way to get the orange lense out of my headlights. what also could be done, but it's hard, is to get the part number for the clear lenses. order them from the vw dealership and get them to install them. it is possible to get just the clear lense b/c i noticed a part number on them. however, it will be pricy to install because they would have to take off the bumper to take out the headlights then they would have to open up the headlights and take out the old lenses and put the new ones in.

you can do it the way i told u but your best bet is to just get new headlight's.

also with shorter antenna's you will most likely lose reception. if you care for reception get an s2000 antenna, it's a short black antenna that will fit almost flawlessly on our dubs. if you could careless about radio reception, like i do, then just get a nice silver antenna.

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
112 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xxfallingstar44:
and the little antena...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I recommend you go to the hardware store and pick up a container of black plasti-dip (should cost like $6). Take some wire cutters, and cut off as much as you want (I took off maybe 6-7" off mine) off the end of your factory mast. Dip the end of the antenna into the plasti-dip (repeat a couple times) and you're set. Cheapest and fastest way to a shorter antenna and, with the plasti-dip, it looks factory. I didn't notice a reduction in signal quality after making the cut, but I listen to CDs almost exclusively so YMMV. Still, you don't have anything to lose by trying it out. Good luck!

Let us know what you decide to do about your headlights....I too HATE the orange in the light and I was considering even replacing mine with oem lights from 2000-2001 model year.

Edit: Click here for Enfig Perfect Fit S2000 Mast Fits flush with the vw antenna base.

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: butang ]

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: butang ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts