VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my old 67 bug. Ok, i starrt the car, and everything is fine for the whole warmup process. When i put it in gear and release the clutch, the carbeurator opens to full throttle without me having to touch the gas at all. Pushing the clutch back in, putting the car in neutral, the engine will rev to 5000 or so rpms and stay there for a few seconds before going back down to idle. If then i shift into second and let off the clutch, it will again accelerate at full throttle again, and usually does this through 3rd gear. In 3rd gear, with my foot off the gas pedal, when i get to around 40-45 mph it will suddenly go to no throttle, and decelerate like im slowing down getting off the freeway. I do not know what this is, have taken my carbeurator off and checked it, looked fine with no hangups in any of the linkage. Think it might be a vacuum problem but i have no way to diagnose it. Any help would be greatly appreciated and i hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts