VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone can help me. The drivers seat of my Jetta will not lock into place. I am not sure if it is the cable from the latch or another problem. I have been looking for a diagram for the parts all over and cannot find one that will help me troubleshoot this issue. I found a long spring hanging down under the seat and was not sure where is came from and cannot see a spring under the seat on the passenger side. I have a repair manual at my house but unfortunately I am about 80 miles away from my house and the car is not in driving condition since the seat slides back and forth. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
i also found a long spring hanging down from underneath my seat, but the seat still stays completely in place. if i were you, i would try to remove the seat so you can easily trouble shoot it and maybe jerry rig it until youre home.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The long spring is from the seat height adjuster mechanism. The mounting tab breaks off and the spring hangs down or falls off. Happened on both sides on my 2001 Jetta. It's just a little harder to raise the seat without the spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts