VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know with a 90-92 16v its more plug and play but is it the same with the 8v?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Any 90-92 has CEII making the swap pretty much plug and play. Engine in the car from the factory wont matter

·
Registered
104 Posts
Find yourself a wrecked corrado, they use a mk2 chassis and then get the sub frame and the motor out, it will bolt right it but you have to c-section the inner fender well on the right side because the crank pulley will rubb.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
It's just as easy as the 8v. It's still CE2.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
you can use the 8v just the same. but like said above if you can use a corrado then get one. if not a mk3 will work. But from i hear the passats are harder to use because they have a wider wheel base and the subframe is a little wider. but i think it'll still work. good luck

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
89jettawolfs said:
you can use the 8v just the same. but like said above if you can use a corrado then get one. if not a mk3 will work. But from i hear the passats are harder to use because they have a wider wheel base and the subframe is a little wider. but i think it'll still work. good luck
Passat and MK3 motor mounts are higher so the hood wont clear unless you cut down the mounts. Plus suspension was in the control arms and knuckles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hell yeah

Try to get a VR6 from a carrado actually try to get a whole donor car your gonna need the new shift linkage( cable) and a new hydralic clutch assembly.... maybe even the k frame. carrado is built on a mk2 chassis...

Randy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts