VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 92 jetta turbo diesel e-tested today. What a load of shit, all they did was look at the exhaust for 30 seconds. If no big puffs of smoke come out you pass. It cost me $37.50 to have a guy do this. All so I could pay $74.00 to renew my lisence stickers.

Stupid government!

·
Registered
78 Posts
thats riddiculous... i hope i dont have to do that... i just moved to canada and i gotta go get my car registered next week. is this just for diesels? or all cars?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it's for all cars older than 2 years and under 20. they test the even year cars in the odd calender years. This is for ontario anyway, I'm not sure if it is for the entire country.

·
Registered
90 Posts
God damn, wish everywhere would be like that, I went to Canadian Tire to do mine, they hooked up a sensor to the exhaust and made me wait at least 20-30 minutes

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Washington state: $15, took about 45 seconds, they hooked some crazy device up the the tailpipe of my diesel P/U, handed me some paper and sent me on my way.

Funny though, they didn't believe it was diesel, and then they didn't believe a Rabbit P/U is FWD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts