VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
VW Polo V 1.6 TDI 2011, CAYB 6R134
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

This is my first post in this forum after my presentation post :)

# Background
The car I took over from my father did not run well. I had a guy back out the VW dieselgate scandal and backed out the ECU firmware 9978 to the last one before diesel gate (9971), plus that he did an EGR delete (as I thought the EGR was faulty). After that it took 20% less diesel and ran better. I also added a blanking plate just in case the EGR was not fully closed due to build up of soot. Before the firmware change I have had an injector that failed 3-4 times. And that problem also continued after the firmware change. Suddenly the injector refused to work completely (known piezo injector problems). So I had to buy a new injector. The new injector was the better piezo VDO “S” version instead of “B”.

Now…
15 minutes in on the first drive after the injector change I got the engine coil light on the dash. I have a simple tool, so I could check and clear codes. It was a P0101 (Mass Airflow sensor range/performance). Before this I had never seen this before. Why did it come up now after the injector change? A coincident?

The P0101 can come after 5 minutes of driving or 2+ hours. It is driving me crazy!

What I have done so far….
  • I have cleaned the MAF (G70) -> No change
  • I have checked all hoses for leaks with starting fluid -> seem to be no leaks
  • I have bought a new MAF -> No change (so backed out to the old one)
  • I have re-added the air straighener near the MAF -> No change
  • Today I replaced the MAP (G31 and G42) -> No change
  • I have also done an ocular check of the wires to the sensors I replaced for damage

I have the ODBeleven PRO kit on the way so I can check better. I guess a freeze frame would maybe be of good help.

In the meantime… I have heard the Throttle valve eventually could cause this problem and maybe need a recalibration. Anyone with an opinion on this?

This is driving me crazy…

Any help very much appreciated

Thanks
/Peo

·
Registered
VW Polo V 1.6 TDI 2011, CAYB 6R134
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I removed the battery cable for 10 minutes. Then the non permanent memory obviously was not there anymore. After that, no more coil light. Maybe the new injector was working so much better so the built up run time memory in the ECU though it was something wrong. Just a guess. So after wiping it out bu temporary disconnecting battery, all problems was gone. I have now run 4000+ km with no problem at all.

PS
Have you blanked out the EGR without disabling the errors in the ECU the blanking causes (i.e no EGR delete in firmware), you will not manage to get through car inspection I guess as a light on the dash would be there permanently. I have heard some people blanked it out leaving a small whole in the plate so it works just to not give an error (no ECU mod needed). Almost disabled :) Another way is to change the state to "off road" or what is called in the ECU. Then the EGR works less, but i isn't legal in traffic.

Peo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts