VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all; here's a bit of a weird one...I get into my GTI today and it feels faster. Not like "only I can notice it" faster, like seriously a LOT faster. Now either some nice person came in and chipped it overnight or something else can happen...I'm not on anything I swear! Drove it this afternoon again, first and second seem a LOT faster. 8,000 miles on it, could it just be that it's finally broken in? Does this sort of thing happen to a car? It's a new transmission, got put in almost a month ago...could that be it?
Thanks
-Luis

·
Registered
844 Posts
Eh, sometimes I go through the some thing. One day my car feels super fast and crisp, and the next if feels overweight and slow. I think it's just my mood for the day, and my driving style that is associated with that type of mood.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys,
I've noticed the same thing from time to time, I often think maybe it's the gas I'm getting or somthing. But I have for sure noticed that same thing.
wp

·
Registered
158 Posts
most likely its the cold air- do you have a cai?

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I had the same feeling in my jetta.I thought I was the only one that noticed this feeling.It has to do with colder air.Also if the motor is cold you will also notice this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts