VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been spending so much time on VWF, Last week I checked in on CLUBB5.com to see what's new. Bad mistake, the place that gave me so many ideas on what to buy for my car. Well, they've stuck again.
There's a Group Buy Feeler for Carbon Fiber Hoods
But not just any CF hood,BOSER CF Hoods

They don't have a price yet , but they think it should be around $500. They need a donor a car so they can get the specs of the hood.

I Photoshoped what my car would look like...

I was thinking about just doing the "plain" Boser hood, but when I saw that I changed my mine real quick.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
CF hood on a Passat would be hotness, do it!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yea i say go for it too...with the color of your car a CF hood would match and look really nice

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5 TURBO:
Od course I would have to get a new grill. It would look kinda siily with just the "W" showing.

About the mirrors, I think they only did that in 98 & 99.
I met a guy with a 2000 Passat and he had both big mirrors. I could get a bigger one for the passenger side. I just wish I could find a smaller one for the driver side.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the mini passenger side mirror, if you find a place that has the driver side let me knonw please. Don't know if i can say that iv ever seen a b5passat with a carbon hood, but it looks awsome aginst the burgandy

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i think the cf hood looks hot but it's a shame that your going to have to get rid of that grill! it's such a nice grill!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Looks awsome minus the grill

Gotta love the b5/5.5 unequally sized mirrors
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Od course I would have to get a new grill. It would look kinda siily with just the "W" showing.

About the mirrors, I think they only did that in 98 & 99.
I met a guy with a 2000 Passat and he had both big mirrors. I could get a bigger one for the passenger side. I just wish I could find a smaller one for the driver side.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
$500 is a killer deal for a boser. Def go for it. Jason, are you going with a badgless 2 or 1 bar grill? would look quite nice I think. And about the mirrors, I think I read somewhere that someone got a passenger side from a japanese (I think) vw (which would be the left side of the car-they drive on the right side). I'll check into it further and let you know.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I checked this morning of the status of the group buy. They said it would probably be a month until we get them
Right now they just wanted to see who would be interested(feeler). I checked about an hour ago and the entire topic was gone!!!! I made a new post asking why it was missing. Then the guy who started the GB posted and said "be very patient" So hopefully this is a good sign that the group buy went Active

I was hoping to have it before Import War.
Keep your fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's anothe photochop of my car with a boser hood

and here's good example of a boser hood.

What do you think looks better, a little rounded at the headlights or a straght line.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
jason,
i would have to say... a little rounded at the headlight more or less fits the rest of the car. the passat being the "classy" line for vw... rounded slants seem to keep with the flow of the car.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
The boser hood looks awesome on the B5 A4s and Passats. I would do it.

As for the "gimp" mirror...my friend is looking to get rid of his P/S one..or get one for the D/S, as he hates the whole mismatched mirror thing.

Either a Japan spec mirror would work as mentioned above if you want to make both mirrors the small type...you could also probably source parts from South Africa or the UK, as they all have Right Hand Drive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts