VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in the world do I install a single din cd player in my 02 gti,(monsoon)???
I took the monsoon out and everything, wiring was ok too, but i cant get the cd player to stand still, i mean u can just pull it out, u know? i wanna secure it but dont know how, I bought the installation kit and everything but the kit comes only with a pocket under the radio, HELP????

·
Registered
130 Posts
No probem, its actually pretty easy. If your Cd player was a Double DIN size radio you do use the pocket. Instructions should have came with it to assemble. As far as the cd player, about mounting. the cd player comes with a thing called a sleeve. its like a cage almost. Anyways put that in the opening where the cd player was 1st alone. Once its in u bend the tabs on the cage. On the top bottom and sides and that will hold it in place. Then u slide the radio in till it clicks and then ur good to do. Install the pocket 1st in my opinion so that u can bend the bottom tabs on the cage down on that.

~Travis

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried that but theres nothing to support the cd player, I mean i cant fasten it to anything ?
Maybe I should let a pro look at it,MY pld celica was a lot simpler

·
Registered
777 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slaven GTI:
I've tried that but theres nothing to support the cd player, I mean i cant fasten it to anything ?
Maybe I should let a pro look at it,MY pld celica was a lot simpler
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

probably not a bad idea, if you try to rig it up somehow you will reget it later... i tried that kinda stuff on my jeep...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yay I did it...
Finally done with the cd player install, Although I still gotta install the ground cables to my amps and the capacitor, but everything else is finished, Ill try to post some pix soon if anybody is interested, Ill also install a neon light above the amps cause theyre chrome , so it should look cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts