VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im no handy man by any means but i swaped a new cd player into my old jetta and my new one... its prity easy ... youll need an Antenna Converter, the conversion harness, and since VW Monsoon Cd players come as two units youll need to go to a junk yard/VW dealer and get a cover plate so you dont have a hole in your Dash...

·
Registered
91 Posts
how hard is it to remove the stock cd player? i bought my car used and it didnt come with any tools or anything for that, will i need any? help is appreciated

·
Registered
91 Posts
im not trying to switch cd players... i just wanna get to the wires so i can hook up some lights to the radio so they come on whenver the radio does

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverstoneGTI:
why not hook it up to ur euro switch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the smarterst thing i've heard all day.

You don't even need a euro switch. All you need to do is splice into the power wire that it at the top left most position as you look at the switch and ground it somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Look for the Blue/Grey wire, thats the wire you need to tap into for the illumination circuit.

Also...the radio has constant power as long as the ignition is on...I wouldn't hook it up to the radio power wire.

·
Registered
91 Posts
im a lil car illiterate... where is the euro switch? sorry but youll have to explain these thangs to me

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
He meant your headlight switch. In other words, if you run the light you want to install off of the illumination wire that comes out of the headlight switch, your auxiliary light will come on with the rest of your interior lights via the headlight switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts