VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 2001 VW jetta 1.8t drives good no problems but need to clear this code(only code) myself if I can because I will be flashing(revo stg2) my car this week...

any help will be appreciated...

Some background, I replaced both thermostat and engine coolant temperature sensor(got the green one but bought at local autozone) like 10k miles ago (right now im at 106k) when I replaced the water pump(cuz it wasnt working no more) and timing belt...

Do you guys think the sensor i bought was defective?

Also past week I just cleared the code with the scanner and was able to run the trial revo offers...

Should I do the same?

Just hoping to save some money if I can fix this myself but if not the guys at the shop will definitely help of course

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Do the fans kick on.
Does it over heat?

If both are working fine might be that sensor. I think these cars are buggy if you dont put in an oem one.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last time it overheated was when the water pump was no good...
No sir no overheating and yes fans are working fine...
But now that I recall a small factor but im pretty sure nothing to do with the cel is the sensor I bought did not come with an o-ring I had to purchase one and it was a pain to install the sensor lol my fingers suffered lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes ive cleared it and right now with me actually getting a flash have cleared it many times hoping it doesnt come back but no luck...

also to note when I got the revo trial right b4 I cleared the code and the guys at the shop just asked me if I knew the code I said yes but that was about it they performed the flash and everything came out smooth...
heading back home the cel went back on but really didnt notice anything wrong with the trial still was performing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts