VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at school the other night when i locked my doors with the remote, my "alarm" beeped by honking the horn, as it does. i noticed that a few rednecks getting out of the monster truck bronco two cars down got a kick out of my cars "armed" alert, i got to thinking about it and a horn beep is kinda.. well theres no other way to put, its cheapo.. any toyota that comes with a TRD package has a beep, like a loud watch alarm, much like the new BMW's and in my opinion it sounds very nice, classy in many ways, i dont want a chirp like the viper on my ranger, sounds to childish, my question is, does anyone know of a kit that changes the honk to a beep? its really not a dumb question becouse it would be really really simple to do if its not done through the ECU! i dont know anyhting the factory security on my jetta, but i do know that on my viper there are 3 wires that run to the syren, one you cut (to make it loud) so 2 wires, there is a little box right before the syren on the 2 wires you need i guess it differentiates different voltages into different sounds, anyway if there is an extra security wire that goes to the horn you should beable to cut it and have some other tone... anyone have any ideas or know of any products??

·
Registered
54 Posts
your alarm might sound like shit,, but you still got a bad ass car... Who cars what a bunch of rednecks who drive a big truck thinks... The only time you got to see this is when you parking,, god forbid they can see you on the road,, your car is just to fast for them to keep up...

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
yeah the alarm "beep" isnt the coolest...it kindof sounds like a fart. but its distinct, and it doesnt really matter anyway. you drive a vw. I think it would be nice to have a bmw type of "beep" though...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts