VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the snow is on it's way out the door, I'm about to reinstall my Cold Air Intake. My problem is this: Last year my car wasn't dropped and I was able to slide under the car to attach the piping and change the filter. This year my car is dropped which will make getting under the car very difficult. How do you guys do it? Take off the bumper? go through the wheel well? Is there an easy way to take off the bumper by the way? As always, thanx in advance

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Alright, I'll give you some directions, pay attention:

1. Open your trunk.
2. Lift up the floor of the trunk
3. Take out the jack
4. Open the owners manual and follow the directions to jack up the car

Be careful though! We dont' want anyone with a Jetta in their head
It would me much safer for you to go get some jack stands or something.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
jack it up, take off the wheel, get an allen wrench or torx screw driver, and unscrew the plastic protective wheel well thingy, and you are free to put your hand up in there, and guide it down. just wondering...why did you take your CAI off over the winter??? hope this helps...

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
why did you take your CAI off over the winter??? hope this helps...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is actually recommended to take the CAI off for the winter if you live in a very cold winter climat. As the air getting in might be too cold and the sensor could set off your Check Engine light.

I didn't do it this year, however I did put thicker layer of protectant/cleaner on the filter before the winter came.

[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts