VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okie dokie, i have a question. If it makes absolutely no sense at all, please excuse me for i am not mechanic and am not very intelligent with engine's and all that fun junk.. but no worries, i'm working on it. My friend said that i should change my idle since he think's it's too high or what not it's a lil over 1. has anyone played around with their throttlebody to lower the idle? if so, please tell me. thnx!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
There are ways of fine tuning how rich any engine runs. It can be as easy as adjusting a screw on cars to carbs. I wouldn't mess around with it unless your owners manual states otherwise.

(i sounded kinda official didn't I?)

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Registered
62 Posts
ok if your rabbits thorttle body is anything like mine there will be a small idle screw behind your throttle body . it should turn pretty easily (at least mine does) and you just have to turn that in and out according to if you want your idle to increaase or decrease. if you want it to decrease you screw it out so that the idle butterfly lets less air through to the engine durring idle.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend's Mirage was able to do that, mine can't do that. all i know is that i can change my idle with the throttlebody. know anywhere else?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Be VERY careful...you do not want to turn the screw that controls the position of the throttle blade!!! the idle adjustment is a hex head bolt in the back....it is an air bypass screw...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts