VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. I have a question. I want to buy the "The Euro Turbo Beetle 6sp shift knob" - LINK - and since I do not have a six speed, I was wondering if it is possible to take off the 6-speed shift pattern on the beetle, and replace it with the one that is on my shift knob now? thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
that is a nice shifter knob! i would think you could just pry them out somehow after heating it up to loosen glue? not sure...or just leave it as is and tell your friends it's been difficult to put it into 6th lately.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2K1Wolfsburg:
that is a nice shifter knob! i would think you could just pry them out somehow after heating it up to loosen glue? not sure...or just leave it as is and tell your friends it's been difficult to put it into 6th lately.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha same ideas here. but you could maybe get the lupo gti knob, pritty much the same but 5 speed. tell me what you think.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
you could also check out the euro shift knob HERE.

to me the beetle shift knob and the euro shift knob look similar.

As for the shift pattern, i believe they can come off probably with a heat gun or trying to pry off the lens on top of the pattern.

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I thinkthey both look good. There's probably a way to take it off and change them. But i would leave the 6 spd on. Tell them you have a gli tranny.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
MOMO! DO IT! You know you want it! Get some cool colors that stand out like me!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
MOMO! DO IT! You know you want it! Get some cool colors that stand out like me!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
NO. I love the OEM/euro look, and thats what I will do, dammit!! ...1point8T , that is the shift knob I wanted, but I saw the euro beetle turbo s knob, which I originally posted, and I LOVE that knob. plus it comes with a boot, so no need to spend extra money for a boot. and you know it will fit cause its oem. rich...I do really like the lupo gti shift knob, but its so damn expensive, and you dont see the euro beetle shift knob much either. thanks, If anyone can tell me if they have done this (switching the faces) and how to do it exactly, I will def get the beetle shift knob. thanks for all your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts