VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a very slow jetta 2.0 and i want to switch to a vr6...but ive also been considering trading it in and getting a gti....would it be cheaper and better to do an engine swap to a vr6 or trade in for a gti?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sam14vw:
i have a very slow jetta 2.0 and i want to switch to a vr6...but ive also been considering trading it in and getting a gti....would it be cheaper and better to do an engine swap to a vr6 or trade in for a gti?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably trading in and getting the GTI would be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I would say the trade in will definately be chaper.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Cheaper, easier, less problems, and you get a warranty. Plus, it's tough to find an engine swap as clean as a stock engine.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I would advise trading up. If you had a 4 door Golf and wanted a VR6 in it, thats a different story, as they don't make those here. However, since you have a Jetta, they make VR6 Jettas (not for too much longer, though) and the GTI has one available.

If you want to get a VR6 Jetta, the only current model available is the GLI, with the 6 speed manual, but if you want one of those, act quickly...because the GLI is becoming a 1.8T 6 speed...the VR is taking a vacation from Jettas. Only VRs in the lineup will be the GTI, R32 and Touareg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts