VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - my sis has a 2000 GTI with the factory tape/radio player + I wanted to get her CD for Xmas. Now, I don't want an aftermarket system, but I've looked on ebay at changers and the available one CD player for it and the prices are ridiculous! Does anyone know if it's possible to add a non-OEM changer with an adapter that'll fit? Or know where I can get the one CD changer, or just something factory that will fit in there for less than $200?
Thanks!

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by djvibe:
my sis has a 2000 GTI<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOUR SISTER DRIVES A GTI!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, and I know didaly poo about sound systems so I can't really help ya, sorry.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by djvibe:
Hey all - my sis has a 2000 GTI with the factory tape/radio player + I wanted to get her CD for Xmas. Now, I don't want an aftermarket system, but I've looked on ebay at changers and the available one CD player for it and the prices are ridiculous! Does anyone know if it's possible to add a non-OEM changer with an adapter that'll fit? Or know where I can get the one CD changer, or just something factory that will fit in there for less than $200?
Thanks!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We got the factory 6 disc CD changer in both our Jetta & GTI. It was $299. from the dealer. It took literly 5 minutes to install, it took more time to unwrap the box and stick in the discs. Well worth the money. You can order them online directly from VW here http://drivergear.vw.com/store/accessory.asp?product_id=2077

That's my recommendation!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I suppose I'm gonna have to get it straight from VW. Grrr, there goes my chip/CAI fund. OOOOH yeah it's a stick. She wouldn't be caught dead without one. Hers is that cool mustard-y color...I like it a lot. Kamei grill too! Goes to show ya...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, yeah, ain't she cool? 2000 1.8t. Actually she has leather and a sunroof, and heated seats and I don't

Ah well I got the 17's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts