VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know an easy way to turn the light off? I know why its on, I'm just tired of seeing it on. thanks

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Not sure if it works the same way on MK3's as MK4's, but try disconnecting the - ive wire on the battery for 10-15 min or so.
jon

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
1. Take it to the dealer to have it reset
2. Find someone with a VAG-COM to reset it for you.
3. Try the disconnecting the battery.
4. Try starting the car with the lights on and ac on full blast. (i know it sounds ridiculous but it worked for me this weekend)

·
Registered
23 Posts
In order to reset the check engine light all you have to do is....disconnect the positive battery terminal...and then remove the "Engine Electronics" fuse....for me it is fuse #15...i have a 1998 2.0 Golf...i'm sure this will work for most other VW's. Leave this disconnected for at least 5 mins. After you reconnect it the check light might not turn off....but will the next couple times you drive your car. hope that helps. i would only reset the ecu once you have corrected the problem that caused the light to come on. You can take your car to Auto Zone and they will scan your obd sensor for free. get the code and call up your local VW dealer and ask what the description is for that code.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts