VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if there is a trick to disengage the check engine light, its been on for like a month, and i keep the car maintained, but do not want to go to dealer and get hit w/ a scheduled charge and etc, just so they can turn it off and top off my fluids and what not, thanks??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yeah. just pop out your instrument cluster find out what bulb coresponds to the CEL pull it and tape it off in black electrical tape and there ya go

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tbell83:
get to a gtg, find a vagcom, and scan it<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BIZNACH

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Also you don't want to drive around for a long period of time with CEL on:

A) You don't know what triggered it and whether the problem is re-occuring.

B) Just because it isn't blinking it means that the ECU corrected the flaw, but still it could be happening non-stop.

C) Keep in mind then your Catalytic Converter never breaks on its own (unless you bump it on something on the road) which means if you are getting Air Mixture problem i.e. CAI ??? you might ruin your Cat. Converter. as the explosion occurs within the Cat. Think about it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
it could be something as simple as your gas cap... i was told at the dealership if you dont turn you gas cap till it clicks a few times, it wont create a successfull vacuum and cause the light to come on... i dont mean to underestimate you or anything but just seems like a possibility.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well its most likely because of the cold air intake, someone said i can take out the ecu fuse for like 5 minutes and replace it, where is that located??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts