VW Forum banner

Check out my first car!: 98 Golf!

984 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ecko 
#1 ·
Hello all

I just got a new (to me) 1998 VW Golf, and I'm happy to be a new member here!

Maybe you guys can give me some info, tips, maybe even some direction for where I should go next! (though I don't plan on doing too much more modding to it)

Here is some candy:

Check out the side exhaust ;)

I thought it was bad at first, but it's been turning into one of those "things you didn't know you wanted"

Looking good right??

Well here's some concern:

It looks like there's some rust on the front fender passenger side, driver side is rust free.

This picture didn't show up very well, but this tire is balding pretty bad, and it gets worse towards the center. My guess is the alignment is off and is causing wear on the tire (it likes to go right a bit if I let go of the wheel)

So I'll probably rotate the tires and see if the problem persists, then take it in for realignment.

Bonus: ..what?

As you can see, the previous owner liked the carbon-fiber style design, and everywhere inside the car are these random things, though they are placed with quite some precision :eek:

Also, the 2 orange looking ports, I have no idea what those are for, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for looking! Let me know what you guys think!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.