VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
There is such a thing as chipping, in case you didn't know. Even if this thing on ebay is true, I wouldn't do it. The large % of the cost of chipping is the customer service you get with your purchase. I would be uncomfortable not having a place to service my dub if something goes haywire.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah i believe those ebay chips for 20.00 are b/s, look into jet chips, i hear there very reliable and they have your ECU back within 3 days, ready to go

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wow...I want to buy one just to see what it is. A dollar per HP..hells yeah!! Actually I bet that $20 bucks supports this guy's crack addiction. I wish VW tuning was as simple as this. Just by their description of how it works; it's not possible. Our ECU is smarter than that (& him for that matter) and will make adjustments accordingly.

My favorite quote: "This mod does not void any warranties, and it will not hurt your engine or computer. You will not believe how easy this is to do! I put this on my vehicle and it works great!"

LOL!!!!

Stick with a reputable chip mfg. that can support their product.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
haha that deal sounds a little shady. but anyways i am running with a Autotech Q-chip in my 96 jetta and im overall happy with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man thanx for telling me i was going to buy it, i knew it didnt sound right good thing i asked you guys first, sorry i dont know much about cars, thank god for vwf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts