VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cona Careca Racing:
Does anyone kno wats the best chip for the vr6 performance wise?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GIAC is basically it I think. Don't know anything better for the 12v at this point....

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
APR is doing final tuning of a 24v chip.
APR 24valve chip
After the 24v is completed, they have stated they will begin work on a 12v chip.

[ March 07, 2004: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
APR is doing final tuning of a 24v chip.
APR 24valve chip
After the 24v is completed, they have stated they will begin work on a 12v chip.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And when they do, I hope to beta test their 12V software for em.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:

And when they do, I hope to beta test their 12V software for em.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any word on the 24v gains yet?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Iam getting APR this saturday, but guys does the chip eliminate the governor? It better ! ! !

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slaven GTI:
Iam getting APR this saturday, but guys does the chip eliminate the governor? It better ! ! !<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are talking about the vR6 here but to answer your question I'm almost 100% sure that the governor would be gone - not that anyone needs to go 130+mph

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slaven GTI:
Iam getting APR this saturday, but guys does the chip eliminate the governor? It better ! ! !<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure it does as their 1.8T chips do. But, if it doesn't have a friend with a vag-com download lemmiwinks from revo, and you can up your speed limiter to like 200 something with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok another question should i wait till apr comes out with the chip or the 12v or should i jus but a giac chip¿?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok another question should i wait till apr comes out with the chip or the 12v or should i jus but a giac chip¿?

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
You can always put the stock chip back in to have APR flash it if desired. If you need a chip NOW, then GIAC is your best bet. If you can wait for it, then give APR's chip a shot.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
anyone have a rough idea of when APR will come out with the 12v? Figure the 12v (obd2) has been out since....1999.5? the 24v has been out since 2002.5? something isn't right here..

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I don't think it will take them forever on it Brian, but the 24V is making more power stock than the 12V, so I guess they want to get to that one first.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
APR's software is designed and tested very well so when the final product comes out all the kinks should be worked out. GIAC has the vr6 market cornered right now, but APR has the ability to take that away from them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i get my license april 16 but i got a vdub already and by the tiem i get to drivei t i don't want any type of restriction i want the power that my babe deserves. so idk i think im gonan go giac

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cona Careca Racing:
i get my license april 16 but i got a vdub already and by the tiem i get to drivei t i don't want any type of restriction i want the power that my babe deserves. so idk i think im gonan go giac<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh man this sounds like a bad idea - no offence but when I first got my liscence I don't think it would have been in my best interest to drive much over 100mph (if that even). BE CAREFUL!!!

[ March 08, 2004: Message edited by: Tommunist ]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts