VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been lookin into gettin a chip for my vr6, has anyone had success with a certain chip?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
i dont have a vr6 but i have had a few dub over the years and had each ont chipped.... so far my latest golf has a garrett chip... and i have no complaints. i have also noticed alot of people (with the funds to buy it)getting an audi performance and racing emcs chip. its a performance chip with up to 4 selectable performance settings depending on the type of fuel and driving your be doing. read alot about it but 500 for a chip is too steep for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i was wondering if anyone has the nuespeed chip? is it any good and how good does it perform? can u feel the difference? thanx.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vwgolfracer26:
i was wondering if anyone has the nuespeed chip? is it any good and how good does it perform? can u feel the difference? thanx.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I pulled this off of vortex:
It should work on any 96-99 VR6 and give you an additional 7-10hp at the wheels according to Neuspeed.

And this is straight from neuspeed.com

ENGINE MANAGEMENT UPGRADE - CHIP UPGRADE
Unleash the power hiding in your factory Engine Control Unit (ECU.) NEUSPEED engineers reprogram your ECU chip to optimize ignition timing under part throttle and full throttle load, and raise the rev-limiter and top speed governor. Horsepower is increased by approximately 5-7hp at the wheels. CARB approved (D236-10) when used with a K&N air filter or NEUSPEED P-FLO.

Notes
91 octane or higher fuel must be used with this chip. Factory chip is soldered onto the printed circuit board, so your ECU must be reprogrammed at NEUSPEED's California headquarters. Upon placing your order, NEUSPEED will send you an ECU removal and pre-paid shipping kit. Once you remove your ECU and send it out via UPS, the total turnaround time is 3-4 working days.

My extremely amateur opinion I don't think 5~7 whp gains is worth the $200 bucks for the chip and whatever more for the P-flow or K&N filter.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i have a Autotech Q-chip in my 96 2.0 jetta. im overall pleased with it and haven't had any problems with it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
does anyone have any good suggestions??? i want one of the best chips out there(meaning reliable and the most horsepower and torque increase). If u know of any please post the chip company name, price, and anything else pleasant. Money is not an option i want the best one!!!!!
thanx fellow dubbers . peace
dan - diy imports

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vlksgnspeed:
i think apr is the best but i dont think they have one for the vr6...try www.tttuning.com i think they have a chip<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what i hear APR will be coming out with a VR6 chip in the near future. Not sure what the gains on it will be though.
jon

·
Registered
131 Posts
ive heard from a few people that the neuspeed chip isnt good for the long run. over time u lose the power increase and your car runs richer and richer. i have heard raves on the GIAC chip tho.

Zak

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
hey,
finally go to read some of the stuff i picked up at wf. giac has a chip for the vr6 and claims 94-99 modle year vr6's gain 7-10hp. no torque claims in the handout... but maybe on their website.... www.GIACusa.com
hope it helps some. happy hunting!

·
Registered
131 Posts
tru dat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts