VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to this forum I may have missed the obvious, but can anyone give me some advice if it would be worth it to chip my 2002 GTI VR6? What options do I have?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I did some research on this months ago. if I remember correctly, if you were to have JUST a chip (no intake, no exhaust) it would give you like 14+ hp. If you would have intake and/or exhaust, you would get more gains. hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I am also in the market for a chip for my 2000 VR6, and from what I have found you will get 8-12 HP. Right now it seems as though the best one I have found is from Garret

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> [/IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/rollinvdub01/sig.jpg[/IMG]
Mods: Kamei Eyelids, Clear Side Markers, Tinted Windows, Freedom Design Top Hatch Wing, Kamei Sport Grill, Eruoswitch(adds 5 hp)haha, Billet Antena <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rollin... see the / infront of your first IMG??? Remove it and your sig should show up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I'm hearing putting in a chip doesn't do all that much. I'm pretty happy for the performance at speed (awesome power and response, even if 5th and 6th gear!) but I would like improve throttle response in the low range (let's say the 0-60 mph domain). Any options you can recommend?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts