VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to APTuning on Friday and got the December special for OBD2 2.0's. The chip was $50 installed. I noticed the gain once I put some ultra 94 in the tank. If anyone needs a chip for their 2.0, and they live in PA, go there! They burn their own chips. Get his, my CEL went OFF after It was in for like a half-hour. They said it would be 5-7 hp gain, it is noticeable around 3500-5500 RPM, it just goes. I don't know if it removes the top speed governer, I don't need to go that fast.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Derek got his chipped and lowered there 2 weeks ago. Chip makes a difference, he can keep up with me much better now in the top end. APT is a great company and do good work.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How far from MD is APTuning?? For $50 installed, i'll go tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
just checked map quest from bel air to APTuning and it said 2 hours. Now don't forget this is for a 2.0 not the 1.8t or VR6
jon

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by das boot:
I don't know if it removes the top speed governer, I don't need to go that fast.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come on, on my way back from their shop i was doing about 135-140 following a brand spanking new 745i. you know you want to do the same

jon

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
When i got my car chipped i was going 130 the entire way back. I know its bad, but u need to test the new part , rite?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vlksgnspeed:
yeah but on the way there who was in the lead with the lil 1.8 liter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This guy, but u kept up a little better. Beat a WRX on the way there too...highway cruising that is...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
damn i can't wait until i get chipped or revo'd!

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
yea guys i took advantage of the sale up at AP and the chip(TT) makes a pretty good difference and u always gatta test out ur new mod

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone is still interested in getting a chip (93-99 golf,jetta,corrado,passat,2.0,vr6) give the shop a call 717-272-0916 im sure i can work something out to still get you the sale price

·
Registered
4 Posts
for 50 bucks i be interested

1 - 17 of 17 Posts