VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 84 cabriolet for a spin at lunch today and pulled up next to a 300M at a stop light (I'm in the right lane). My car is stock close gear tranny and 1.8L engine. No mods. I needed to get over in the left lane and i figured this guy won't put up a fight since he looks like he's about 50. Light turnes green and i wanted to pass him as soon as i could. So i floor it..... then this guy floors it. My top is down and i can hear his engine revs getting up there. I couldn't pull in front of him and he couldn't pass me. I slowed down once the semi-truck in front of me got too close and he flew by. We were doing about 85km when i slowed down.
Therefore, what holds true here....
1) The cabriolet karmann is a bad ass car, or
2)the 50 year old guy was not trying.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
3) He didn't have the wind in the hair like you did.

Be careful a guy I know (not friends or anything... wouldn't wanna) cought street racing downtown. Him and another car flew by 2 cruisers parked (a place where they always are... LOL).

Needless to say he was charged for STREETRACING ( I never knew there was a charge like that ). The cops gave him straight invitation to the court. LOL

EDIT: And here is the funniest part. He drives a Monte Carlo.

[ June 26, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
wow u never knew there was a ticket for street racing?? well they have one and they enforce it big time!!

have u seen the latest news reports with the helicopters using infared technology to tell whether cars are racing or not(the heat of the engine is shown by a white dot on the screen). they showed an actual demonstration of this on tv. two people were street racing on a side street and on the helicopters camera you can see two white dots side by side going really fast. then they notify a local police car and 10 minutes later they are stopped and charged.

it's scary how much they really want to crack down on street racing, yet they give us no alternative!

[ June 27, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cops are really strict up hear (toronto) with street racing. We actually have under cover cops with modified honda's (engine, neon's, body kits, whole 9 yards) who rev their engines and want to race at a stop light. once you floor it, they let you pass and turn the cherries on (LOL)...makes life more exciting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts