VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently totalled my very loved 91' 8-valve gti. It had a PF engine and digifant2 injection with a chip and a K&N filter thats it. So feeling left out I found an 87 gti cis injection with 270 cam, shaved .030", adjustable cam gear, k&n, and so on. what I can't figure out is the my 91 was alot faster, even with 250k on it, is this possible? and what can I do to this new car to match the old one? Oh, and under the rain tray there is a little box seperate from the computer with a little purple dial on it that turns, I haven't consulted the bentley yet but what is it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
That's the knock box... you'll find no advantage in messing with it.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
well with those mods the old car dig should have had less horspower, but what's the condition of the new car. There are a lot of factors that dtermine speed. is the engine in good shape. You can have all the mods possible but if the engine is in bad shape It's still gonna lag alittle. make sure your engine is in good shape and go from there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The block has 170,000 but the shop said it didn't show any signs of hard wear and the heads were off a car with 60,000 and were colmpletly rebuilt with everything brand new. the only other thing was that the other car had it's tranny replaced might they have changed it with a closer ratio transmission, and could that be the difference?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts