VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 2 questions:

1.were can i find red city light bulbs for my mk4 gti? any sites would u guys would kno about ?

2. Is it illegal if i do have on my car ?

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
You can use any led with the correct butt (sorry for the technical term)

Yes, it is illegal. Specially if you are in Clark, NJ.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Legally you can not have red or blue lights facing the front of a non-emergency vehicle.

I don't know how all the Ricers get away with the blue washer nozzles.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I ran Hyper-White LEDs in my City Light slots at one time (168 base wedge bulbs for your reference)...and I got pulled over by a cop who didn't like em, thinking they were too blue. I tried to BS with him, saying I was a VW tech and these are factory, but he didn't buy it. I drove away without a ticket though.

Red would be blatantly asking a cop to pull you over...I wouldn't suggest putting em in, unless you are at a show or something.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My friends' ex was telling me that he was driving his friends civic and got pulled over for that. THe only reason he didn't get a ticket is cause it wasn't his car.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I was rocking red city lights for a while, but they turned orange cause they were the really cheap crappy ones from autozone. I switched them out for regular ones for now. I would like to get hyperwhite leds. check this out:
jamstrait
or
42draftdesigns

·
Registered
510 Posts
How do you get to the city lights, i bought a set of blue ones at a local shop here but i dont know how to get to them to replace.

·
Registered
777 Posts
i got some blue ones last night from 42 draft, a set for erins lex and a set to put somewhere on the jetta!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you remember that picture of the riced-to-the-max, F&F-wantabe Mk3 jetta I posed a couple months ago, I am pretty sure he has red city lights. Or red something, because I saw them when he decided to tailgate me.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

they don't really get away with it. a few of my ricer friends who have this got pulled over and received huge tickets off $200+.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Did Anthony get new taillights?

If those are yours they are lookin' good!!!

They really blend well with the red GTI badge; I dig it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
hmm red lights, i do not know where you can get them from, i have blue lights in mine, and i have never been pulled over for them, but i do know that no matter what color you put in it is illegal. only ones that are not legal are your stock lights. oh and just a reminder your car will not pass inspection with colored lights , so please make sure that you keep your originals for inspection time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanx. i've decided ima buy the red bulbs from 42 draft to put on my parking lights and hopefully get a switch that can turn dem off wen i have to. thanx again

·
Registered
510 Posts
OOkey Let me try this again - Here it goes :
What bulbs are the city light and HOW do I get to them??? THANK YOU

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I can't believe that not even one person remembered that I run red LEDS?

Don't buy bulbs (even the red glass ones) they will fade.

Buy L E D and you can get them everywhere. I got mine from TM Tuning. tmtuning.com

·
Registered
167 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
I ran Hyper-White LEDs in my City Light slots at one time (168 base wedge bulbs for your reference)...and I got pulled over by a cop who didn't like em, thinking they were too blue. I tried to BS with him, saying I was a VW tech and these are factory, but he didn't buy it. I drove away without a ticket though.

Red would be blatantly asking a cop to pull you over...I wouldn't suggest putting em in, unless you are at a show or something.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you remember what the exact model you used, i noticed on evolution sports site they had a few different ones. I just wanted to make those lights a little more useful. thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hellloooo, Can anyone please answer my quesion???? PLZ PLZ PLZZZZZ cmon guys answer my questionnnnn

1 - 20 of 21 Posts