VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'd imagine it would use the factory bulbs.

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
You will want to get amber bulbs so when the are on they are amber. Stock bulbs should be clear and will blind folks as these are always on with headlights.

I would suggest instead to get a euro rub strip...or buy me one and I will give you my clear sidemarkers...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Im a Honda guy and am a total NOOB when it comes to VW's... I got a MK4 Jetta stock and it come with clear side markers.... or are you talking about the bumper markers. On my old civic the side markers where on the fender. so im assuming you mean the same. What color does it usually come with. I have the 1.8T version.

·
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im a Honda guy and am a total NOOB when it comes to VW's... I got a MK4 Jetta stock and it come with clear side markers.... or are you talking about the bumper markers. On my old civic the side markers where on the fender. so im assuming you mean the same. What color does it usually come with. I have the 1.8T version.
I'm talking about the ones on the bumper and it usually comes with the orange covers.

You will want to get amber bulbs so when the are on they are amber. Stock bulbs should be clear and will blind folks as these are always on with headlights.

I would suggest instead to get a euro rub strip...or buy me one and I will give you my clear sidemarkers...
I see what you mean. I'll have to double check to see what color they are. And no deal on the rub strip :p i actually want to put the chrome trim that comes on the GLI's on my car, but i have yet to find all the pieces on ebay. All i can find is the side strips so i might just have to look somewhere else. If anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate that :)

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
IMO the chrome stripping sucks. It is not only on the GLI but every 04-05 Jetta also. As for the side markers, you will need amber bulbs for sure, and you can use LED's. Again IMO smoked side markers look better on a black car than the clears.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
i have the clear on my black jetta with piaa white bulbs, im thinkin about changin them to amber led ones, the white makes me feel kinda ricey. but i prefer the clear on black and like a smoked on the silver, i like the contrast partially cause everyone down here buys their first car and grabs a rattle can and blacks out everything, wheels, lights, badges.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts