VW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a commuter .. 2006 Jetta 2.5 - 5 speed manual, 200,000km rattling noise from trans / engine area at idle , eliminated all tensioner and or drive belt side issues , was leaning timing chain but when I push the clutch in the noise disappears pointing me to a clutch issue , thoughts are this … I paid 2,000 for it, is it worth chucking a single mass clutch in and doing the chain and tensioner and guides while I’m at it ? Or just drive it until kaboom 🤷🏻‍♂️ if I knew I would get 200,000 more kms problem free it’s a no brainer , life is full of gambles especially with tits and tires 😂🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, It's not your clutch its your transmission internal components. Two ball bearing that sit in the retainer opposite side of clutch bell housing have failed. Most likely its the ball bearing on the input shaft that has failed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, It's not your clutch its your transmission internal components. Two ball bearing that sit in the retainer opposite side of clutch bell housing have failed. Most likely its the ball bearing on the input shaft that has failed.
Thanks for the Reply 🤘🏻I’ll probly just let er go then 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 3 of 3 Posts