VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone no if the clutches in the golf 1.8t go bad fast... My car has 13,200 miles and it feels like i got to let my clutch out all the way before it grabs

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bierly18t:
Does anyone no if the clutches in the golf 1.8t go bad fast... My car has 13,200 miles and it feels like i got to let my clutch out all the way before it grabs<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they do have a tendency to go out fast, although mine has taken it's fair share of abuse. I have roughly 57,000 miles and probably 50+ runs on the 1/4 mile on my stock clutch, and I am probably pushing somwhere around 260-275 lb/ft of TQ at the flywheel when on 100 octane and mine just started slipping. Even still, it only slips when it is extremely hot and I am really driving the car hard for an extended amount of time, like at the drag strip after 10+ back to back passes.

I have a brand new ECS Stage II kit sitting in my garage waiting to go in........someday when I get around to it, I will finally get it installed but for now my stock one is holding fine except for track events and really, really hard driving.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Does the VR6 clutch have a tendency to go fast too?

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
Does the VR6 clutch have a tendency to go fast too?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fast in comparision to what? It is actually considered an upgrade to the stock 1.8T clutch. However you will burn it just as quickly if you like to dump it

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey you know what rob i know that you are jealous of what my car can do and yours cant but you know its gotta be something you need to get over. i know that you are not going to accept that but thats ok. and you thought that our cars were the same well i guess you were wrong.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you no bj,, it's on now bro... You might be able to spin your tire in 2nd but the out come is still the same...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts