VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i leaned the car out,till the engine was jumping
then i raised it,but i can't understand were is the point,its ok!!
i even got the car to stall with a richer setting!
any tips!?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HidRo:
i leaned the car out,till the engine was jumping
then i raised it,but i can't understand were is the point,its ok!!
i even got the car to stall with a richer setting!
any tips!?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll need to remove the allen wrench and rev the engine lightly every so often to make sure the flow plate is where the engine wants it to be.

Maybe half a turn to a turn richen than when it stutters from being to lean.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok,i try to set it again,even let it go down on lean.but on studering lean,richend up 1/3turn and left it like that.i thought it was ok,but then my car pings on low rpm...the IT is lower the 8,but not in high rpm!!!and looks like my car is consuming more...

[ January 05, 2004: Message edited by: HidRo ]

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn...my car looks like swalowing all the gas!!!man,its scarry!!!!i believe something is wrong,but i think its lean,not rich!!!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
That's extremely weird. I really don't know what to say.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hummm...today,after push the car a litle i looked at the gas meter and the gas was up a litle.so maybe the tank meter is going out...but again because of the tune up.its a litle strange that i only turned 1/3 of a turn to get the car with the idle stable,isn't it??and now my car is knocking on low rpm on full load,but doesn't knock in high rpm!
what can i do??

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HidRo:
you mentioned half a turn to a full turn.with 1/4 turn,the car would run ok?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... each car s a little different.

·
Registered
73 Posts
well its better to run rich than lean. I'm not familiar with VW, or older ones for that matter, but is there a knock sensor? Are the injectors all 100%? fuel maps off?

just throwin some ideas out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts