VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best code reader? I'm looking for a 2004 vw golf 2.0. Cheap and easy to order is good. Amazon?

How about this one?

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you want a simple code reader, and you have a smartphone, then I would get Torque Scan Pro. I think it is 4.99 on Google Play. Then you would need an ELM 327 Bluetooth adapter. I bought mine on ebay for around 20 or 25. I haven't had any problems out of it yet. It scans everything just fine and will give multiple readings on a heads up display (rpm, boost, engine load, mph, etc...). The only drawback to a generic reader is that it will only show codes that have triggered your check engine light. I picked up vag com also and scanned my car after using torque. It found 3 or 4 more codes that normal readers will not pick up.

Needless to say, it really depends on how much you want to spend and how in depth you want the software to be.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just grab that and download VCDS lite. Auto-Scan on the software won't give you all the codes in one go unless you individually scan each module or pay $100 to unlock that feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts