VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1998 New Beetle Stalled on me about a month ago. Mechanic said he got multiple error codes and replaced the fuel pump. In the last week it has started stalling again.
Will start up cold, runs about 10 miles and then "sometimes" stalls again. Right after the stall the engine will crank but will not start. So far, after about 5-10 minutes will start again and so far has gotten me the 10 miles or so home. Check engine light comes on right after the stall and "sometime clears? (I may have mis-seen that)" itself after the restart. I read the codes and they are:

P1225-Injector Circuit Cylinder 1 Short to Gnd
P1226-Injector Circuit Cylinder 2 Short to Gnd
P1227-Injector Circuit Cylinder 3 Short to Gnd
P1228-Injector Circuit Cylinder 4 Short to Gnd
P1421-Secondary Air Injector Valve Short to Gnd
P1425-Tank Ventilation Valve Short to Gnd
P1451-Secondary Air Injector Short to Gnd
P1472-EVAP Control System LDP Short to Gnd

Any recommendation on how to start a diagnosis on this? In case it really is a wiring short, anyone know where the wiring for these systems come together to produce a intermittent short?

·
Registered
21 Posts
1998 New Beetle Stalled on me about a month ago. Mechanic said he got multiple error codes and replaced the fuel pump. In the last week it has started stalling again.
Will start up cold, runs about 10 miles and then "sometimes" stalls again. Right after the stall the engine will crank but will not start. So far, after about 5-10 minutes will start again and so far has gotten me the 10 miles or so home. Check engine light comes on right after the stall and "sometime clears? (I may have mis-seen that)" itself after the restart. I read the codes and they are:

P1225-Injector Circuit Cylinder 1 Short to Gnd
P1226-Injector Circuit Cylinder 2 Short to Gnd
P1227-Injector Circuit Cylinder 3 Short to Gnd
P1228-Injector Circuit Cylinder 4 Short to Gnd
P1421-Secondary Air Injector Valve Short to Gnd
P1425-Tank Ventilation Valve Short to Gnd
P1451-Secondary Air Injector Short to Gnd
P1472-EVAP Control System LDP Short to Gnd

Any recommendation on how to start a diagnosis on this? In case it really is a wiring short, anyone know where the wiring for these systems come together to produce a intermittent short?
Check all fuses and relays as well as all of the main Chassis grounds. Remove them clean them and re-attach them good and tight. Under the battery, side of trans bell housing, top of Shock towers etc. , good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts