VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I get Coil-Overs or Cup Kits or jus seperate everything for my MK3 Ghetta. What are the advantages of each?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Well coulovers will lower it more than seperate components, which for some people is good, some people it's bad. I am an advocate of buying the parts seperately. The cup kit won't give you as good performance. As far as pricing goes I think coilovers are the most expensive, then seperate parts, then cup kits are the cheapest...oh yeah, one more thing...

WELCOME TO VWF!

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you can afford it, go for coils. Yes, you have the ability to slam your ride, although in the winter the adjustabilty will allow you to raise your ride height to a winter level. Also, overall performace is slightly better. Another thing to keep in mind is if you plan on showing, nothing looks better than a slammed ride. It does come at a price however. (often twice $$) For most people, a cup kit is adequate as it provides better handling than the stock or "sport" set up at a pretty reasonble price. Either way it is a definite improvement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts