VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dealer just told me that there is an official coil recall go in and get them replaced... a letter should be sent to you in the mail

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
now they recall it!!!!
those f'n bastards!!!
it doesn't really bother me that much i already had them all replaced! but i had to wait a month both times!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Usually, with factory recalls, they're retroactive. Go back with your sales receipt or call the 1-800 Volkswagen number to get reimbursed. If they find that you got the same procedure done before the recall, you are entitled by law to be reimbursed.

Good luck! Spread the word!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Why does it always happen AFTER mine goes? They paid for mine, but I had to make about 100 phone calls to VW to get them to.

·
Registered
26 Posts
VW Canada is a little behind the 8ball on the coil packs recall. We received a letter over a month ago stating that there have been some issues with some coilpacks and that they may need replacing. No official recall yet up here. I hope they make it official. I need some peace of mind!

·
Registered
11 Posts
So frustrating. But i'm taking mine in now (well, in 2 weeks when Alexandria, VA VW has time for me) to have the remaining 2 old ones replaced before it gets cold again. Haven't received a letter, though. And it's great taking a road trip and having to worry about my 1 1/2 year-old car breaking down.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
be happy you are getting a car... since im not 25 or older the dealer wouldnt give me a loaner... i was there for like 6 hours. good news is i test drove a 20 anniversary but then they offered my $12k for my car and all hopes went out the window

·
Registered
112 Posts
I scheduled an appointment 2.5 weeks in advance to have my coils replaced. I leftmy car there late the previous night. The next day they call me and tell me they didn't do anything to my car and that it will take 10-14 days to order the parts.

F'ckin morons....

So, good luck with YOUR coils...

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I'm having mine taken care of on tuesday along with my 15K mile servicing. I'll be dropping the car off that morning and it will stay at the dealership for the day. I hope I don't get a s#itbox loaner car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts